Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tasty Hand Pulled Noodles....Are Not So Tasty :-(

Since my failed attempt to eat here and settling for Excellent Pork Chop House (see previous post) literally next door, I made it a mission to try Tasty Hand Pulled Noodles at a later date.  I love hand pulled noodles, and the noodle dishes from Xian Famous Foods were excellent.  Unfortunately this was a case of the name of the restaurant trumping the food...

We ordered the steamed dumplings to start, and the dough was light and the filling was still tasty.  These were really good but the meal went downhill after that...

We had the House Special Soup with oxtail, beef tendon, tripe, beef, and fried egg...unfortunately I
think they only included (literally) one piece of each in the soup...and where are all the hand pulled noodles?


We also ordered the lamb soup, which had barely any lamb in it, and the noodles were scant as well.  To top it off the broth was EXACTLY the same as the broth used for the house special soup...not good!  The broth for both soups were a bit bland as well.  Probably one of the worse noodle soups I've had in Chinatown.


Unlike Excellent Pork Chop House, unfortunately Tasty Hand Pulled Noodles doesn't live up to it's namesake.  That's what I get for listening to Guy Fieri!  I kid you not!  He recommended this restaurant on Food Network's Best Thing I Ever Ate.

Tasty Hand Pulled Noodles
1 Doyers St
Chinatown, NY 10013



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog