Monday, March 24, 2014

Baconfest Thursdays at Zeppelin Beer Garden in Jersey City!

They had me at FREE bacon strips at the bar!!!  I had decided to go and check out Zeppelin Beergarden in JC after seeing their promo for free bacon on Thursdays on my Facebook feed.  Zeppelin is a huge beer hall in Jersey City by the water with a nice selection of beers on tap.  I have been there on weekends and it gets quite packed, but on a Thursday night when I organized a little group to go there after work the atmosphere is actually quite chill even with their promo, and a great spot to grab a few beers and some food.  The Baconfest promo here is awesome was awesome.  If the same promo ran at a beer garden in NYC you can bet that the place will be PACKED.

For Baconfest on Thursdays they offer the gargantuan 50 Shades of Bacon BLT...which supposedly comes with 50 strips of bacon between bread and some fries.  It's actually reasonably priced at $12 (Bacon is expensive these days!) and would require several people to finish.  


The main draw for me was the free bacon at the bar though.  The salty bacon does go well with beer, but that night I found out that I couldn't eat even ten strips of bacon before tapping out!


Later that night I also ended up sharing a currywurst with spaetzle, which was just so-so. The currywurst was just curry flavored mayo over a brat.


So it was my first time having the food there, and must say that taste-wise a few of the items we tried were just OK; at the very least most of the food is very reasonably prices though, more so than similar spots in the city.  After all, you'll definitely be needing some food to soak up the alcohol!

Zeppelin Hall Biergarten 
88 Liberty View Dr
Jersey City, NJ 07305
Phone number(201) 721-8888




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog