Monday, March 31, 2014

Dinosaur BBQ....in Newark, NJ!

Last year for a family meal we were able to check out Dinosaur BBQ's latest outpost by the Prudential Center Arena in downtown Newark NJ.  I haven't been to the Harlem location, but was able to check out the original Albany location years ago, as well as a few pop up stands for BBQ events in NYC.

We started out with the appetizer sampler, with wings, fried green tomatoes, deviled eggs, and shrimp rolls.  Everything was pretty good, but the best by far were the wings.  Just get an order of that to start and you'll be set!


My bro ordered the chicken and ribs combo, with mac n cheese and baked beans.  I was able to try the chicken and ribs and both were great.  The beans were so-so and the mac and cheese is decent.


I was eager to try the lamb steak, but it was very disappointing.  It was a cheap cut of lamb with a large bone in the center.  The sweet potatoes and potato salad (yeah carb on carb action!) were pretty good.


My mom ordered the chicken, with sweet potato and gumbo.  The gumbo was an interesting side that you really don't see in other bbq spots, and it was actually pretty good too.


The meal overall was great, and I was excited to finally have Dinosaur close to home, but unfortunately I haven't been back since.  The issue with the location is that it doesn't really have a parking lot and parking is tricky in downtown Newark; you basically have to park at a meter or put your car in a lot.  I tried to go another time but could not find a spot to park (and no, I don't believe in paying for a parking garage just to eat a meal!).  All in all, it's great but I wish it was more convenient to get to.

Dinosaur BBQ
224 Market St.
Newark NJ 07102
(862) 214-6100



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog