Monday, February 24, 2014

David's Brisket House in Bed Stuy for Some Amazing Pastrami

Now that I don't work in Brooklyn anymore, one of the places I really miss grabbing food after work is David's Brisket House, right near the Nostrand and Atlantic Ave by the Bed Stuy neighborhood of Brooklyn.  The decor is kind of dingy and it's not in the best of areas but don't let it stop you from stopping for a bite; they do have tables to do sit down meal.

The deli is known for their brisket, corned beef, and their pastrami sandwiches, served in small medium or large servings.  Do yourself a favor and pick the pastrami, since they probably have the best I remember having in recent memory  I haven't had Katz in a few years, but remember being almost underwhelmed by their pastrami.  When I've gone on a few occasions, David Brisket House's pastrami was just so mouthwateringly (spell check says that adverb isn't  even a word but that's how I feel about it!) good, fatty, tender and flavorful, and is quite a bit cheaper than Katz.  The "small" i got had about 1/3 lb of meat and runs about $6 or $7.



It's been a while since I've been there, but I should definitely make my way back soon...it's worth the trip!

David's Brisket House
533 Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11216
Phone number(718) 789-1155


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog