Monday, April 28, 2014

Damn Good Lamb Burger at Rustic L.E.S. in the Lower East Side.

I'm in the Lower East Side often for shows and this tiny restaurant is way too easy to miss since it's on the outskirts of the area on Ridge Rd between Stanton and Rivington (I believe that it's the only restaurant on the block).  Rustic only has a few tables and a bar area that seats about four with a tiny open kitchen , but a great looking menu nonetheless.

The thing to order here however, is the lamb burger, served with duck bacon and Gruyere cheese.  When I went there on a recent Thursday night before a show, unfortunately they didn't have the accompanying duck bacon, but it was still delicious.  The owner offered to add a fried egg, sauteed onions, and mushrooms, but I was happy that I only picked the onions, as it really made the loosely packed and tender lamb meat stand out.  Unfortunately the fries were pretty anemic/soft during my at least during my visit and didn't really stand up to the awesomeness of the burger.  I would still definitely order the dish again though, the burger was that good!

The lamb burger, cooked medium rare.


Rustic L.E.S.
124 Ridge St.
New York, NY 10002
(646) 833-0848

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog