Thursday, January 2, 2014

NYC Quick Lunch: The Lamb Tagine at Bab Marrakech in Hell's Kitchen

I was hungry one weekend with some time to kill in the Hell's Kitchen area and was happy I picked Bab Marrakech, a tiny, unassuming Moroccan spot on 10th Ave.  

I think they function mostly as a to-go/delivery spot since they only have a few tables inside with a counter with hot prepared foods.  The best thing I saw was the gigantic slow cooked lamb shanks. I pointed at the lamb and was told that one shank came with two sides for a very reasonable $10.  They have some options such as fries, rice, and couscous and a choice of vegs, but I ended up picking couscous and okra. The lamb was braised very tender, as the meat was falling off the bone.  The flavors were very simple and straightforward but everything had a home cooked comfy flavor that just hugged you on a cold winter day.  My only regret was not taking an order to go!



Bab Marrakech
691 10th Ave
Ste B

(between 47th St & 48th St)
New YorkNY 10036
(212) 582-2609
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog