Monday, January 13, 2014

Creative Bowls of Ramen at Yuji Ramen in the Lower East Side

Ramen has been one of my favorite foods to eat this winter, and recently I was finally able to try the much-hyped Yuji Ramen before seeing a show at Bowery Ballroom late last year.  Yuji Ramen is on the second floor of Whole Foods at the Lower East Side and merely has bar/counter seating.  Yuji is known for their "Mazemen" already marinated, soupless ramen, as well as a ramen tasting menu that is tough to get reservations for, but also since the place only has a few seats at the bar.

Other than the tasting menu, they also have a small menu of ramen dishes, and I was able to try the uni miso mazemen (I believe they have a salmon and cheese one as well as a spicy tuna option).  For around $10 the bowl of ramen they give you is pretty tiny, but is also topped with a generous amount of uni.  The ramen is also good and toothsome, and actually reminds me more of an Italian al dente pasta. 



While I may not go to Yuji Ramen while I'm craving ramen, it's worth trying once.  They're doing some pretty creative stuff there with the delicious Japanese staple and have to be commended to trying to go outside the box.
   
Yuji Ramen
95 E Houston St (at Whole Foods)
2nd Fl

New YorkNY 10002
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
(646) 262-1358

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog