Saturday, August 20, 2011

Momos (Tibetan/Nepali Dumplings) from Potala Food Cart in Jackson Heights!

I found out about Momos from my girlfriend who has had them before, and that there was a food cart by Delhi Heights called Potala Fresh Food that sells beef steamed momos for $5 for 8 pieces.  She wanted to get some again after reading a blog from Real Cheap Eats NYC where Potala was featured.  Since I loved trying new foods, that was as much convincing that I needed!

Potala has beef momos, and while they look very similar to Chinese soup dumplings, which are traditionally filled with pork, momos are actually a bit different.  They're not as soupy but Potala's version at least, is meatier than Chinese ones I've had.  The best best thing about these dumplings however, is the INCENDIARY HOT SAUCE that it came with....we're talking just about the same as the famous 53rd and 6th Halal Cart hot!  It was soooo spicy but soooo addictive.  My mouth was on fire but I wanted more dumplings just to eat more of the sauce!



Here is an exterior shot of the food cart, you can't miss it...just look for the giant beef steamed dumplings picture on the side!  The cart is conveniently located right outside the Roosevelt Ave/Jackson Heights stop by the 7, E, F, M, R trains.


These dumplings might be my first foray into Tibetan/Nepali food but it sure won't be my last!


Potala Fresh Food
Broadway & 37th Rd
Jackson Heights, NY 11372




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog