Saturday, July 30, 2011

Butter Lane Cupcakes in the East Village = Delish!

Though I'm not necessarily a big dessert person, I've always have had a soft spot for cupcakes and enjoy trying down different cupcake joints in the city.  So when Butter Lane had a Groupon for "Buy 6 cupcakes for $12" deal, how could I possibly pass it up?

I practically waited until the last day when the deal is about to expire to head over, with numerous people stopping by to claim theirs the last minute as well.  

Butter Lane's cupcakes are great, if a tad sweet.  There are three cake basis, vanilla, chocolate, and banana (which ended up being my favorite).

Here's two of the flavors...the excellent sea salt with a caramel syrup, and I believe French Vanilla.


The rest of the cupcakes were:  Another sea salt/caramel, cocunut, maple pecan, and cappucino.  All of the flavors were really good, though I would suggest passing on the vanilla base/cake and getting chocolate or banana instead...


Saw this sign outside the shop....never thought about it but it's true!!


Butter Lane

123 E 7th St
(between 1st Ave & Avenue A)
New YorkNY 10009
Neighborhood: East Village
(212) 677-2880

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog