Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Mixed Bag at Talde in Park Slope, by Top Chef Alum Dale Talde

I had been curious about checking out Talde and upon recommendation by a friend after an awesome St Vincent show in Prospect Park, my fiancee and I were fired up for some good eats (well, maybe I was!).
We walked a few blocks over to Talde, which was still packed past 11pm on a Saturday night.  We were able to be seated after about a 20 minute wait though.

Talde is a cozy bar/restaurant that has a small menu devoted to Pan-Asian food--mostly Thai and Filipino.  I was eager to try two of their popular items, the wings and their pretzel pork and chive dumplings.

I thought the pretzel pork and chive dumplings were quite pedestrian.  Yes, you do taste a touch of pretzel mixed into the filling, and the dumpling skin is crispy, imitating a pretzel.  Textural differences aside, at $8 for 4pcs taste-wise it's really not that much different from your $1 dumpling stands in Chinatown.


Now their Kung Pao chicken wings were great.  Tangy and sticky, and the peanuts add a nice textural dimension.  The homemade buttermilk ranch dipping sauce was delicious as well.  I could've eaten another order...by myself!


Lastly, we split their Crispy Oyster and Bacon Pad Thai.  This also tasted great, but take out the oyster and the bacon the dish is just a decent Pad Thai dish.  It still was pretty good and worth ordering if you are there though.

While some of the dishes are hit/miss, I would visit again when I'm in the area to try out the other dishes on their menu.

Talde
369 7th Ave
Brooklyn NY, 11215
(347) 916-0031

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog