Sunday, February 13, 2011

Quick NYC Lunch: Corner Bistro in the West Village

New York City has been in the midst of a burger revolution for some time now, with more and more Shake Shacks opening and fancier restaurants serving their own take on the classic such as Minetta Tavern's Black Label Burger or Breslin's Lamb Burger (both of which were excellent).   I loooove hamburgers, and I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to get to local stalwart Corner Bistro in the West Village since I'm often in the neighborhood.

Corner Bistro is a no frills bar that has been around for some time, and is known for serving cheap beers and burgers.  I was there recently for lunch and only had their signature Bistro Burger, a bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, onion, and tomato, priced at $7.  The bacon was crisp and perfectly cooked.   The actual burger is thick, and full of flavor.  I had ordered it medium rare, and the inside was juicy and the outside was crisp savory char.  My only gripe is that the bun barely held everything together, otherwise it was a solid burger.

Bistro Burger pre-assembly...


We're gonna need a bigger boat, er...I mean bun!


Corner Bistro
331 W 4th St
(between 12th St & Jane St in the West Village)
New YorkNY 10014


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog